- Was a theater major in college. In 1983, originated the role of Yvonne in the school stage production of Eleven-Zulu.
- Moved to New York City after college to work in the theater.
- First appeared on a national TV show in 1988 on the NBC comedy The Cosby Show in an episode called "If the Dress Fits, Wear It."
- Cinematic debut was in the 1989 drama Rooftops.
- Performed in the 1992 off-Broadway musical revue A...My Name Is Still Alice.
- First recurring small-screen series role was in the Fox drama Boston Public in 2001.
- In 2010, returned to TV in the CBS comedy Mike & Molly.
- Teaches acting classes.