Actor Brion James launched his career in television and feature films and on television in the mid '70s. With his piercing eyes and cruel smile, the versatile, 6' 3"James, usually portrays assorted eccentric bad-guys, urban scum, and red-necks. One of his most memorable roles was Leon, an android in Ridley Scott's Blade Runner (1982). As his father owned a movie theater in Beaumont, California, James spent most of his life around movies . Following high school, James moved to New York City where he became a cook and butler for Stella Adler, a renowned drama coach. While in the Big Apple, James also appeared off-Broadway, and as a stand-up comedian. In 1973, he returned to Los Angeles to become a full time actor with the philosophy that he would never turn down a job. James's strategy has worked, and since then he has appeared in over 100 TV shows and 70 features.
Biography by Sandra Brennan
- His parents operated and owned a movie theater in Beaumont, California.
- Moved to New York after his university graduation.
- Studied with Stella Adler for two years in New York.
- Worked as Stella Adler's cook and butler to earn his lessons because he could not afford to pay.
- Served in the army with fellow actor Tim Thomerson.