With his coal-black hair, frequent beard, and Hispanic descent, American actor Joshua Gomez appeared tailor-made for Hollywood character roles when he initially emerged during the early 2000s, yet producers rarely seemed to typecast or pigeonhole him. Gomez made his first significant appearance on a 2001 episode of Law & Order entitled "Possession," and shortly thereafter teamed up with his actor brother, Rick Gomez, and tyro director Damon Santostefano for second billing in the slice-of-life picture Last Man Running (2003). In that film, the Gomez brothers played siblings who join forces to try to realize the one brother's dream of competing in a demolition derby; unfortunately, that film received extremely limited distribution. In the mid-2000s, Gomez also took on recurring roles in the series Invasion and Without a Trace. It was in 2007, however, that he scored his first regular role, playing Morgan Grimes, the goofy best friend of the titular character, on the spy comedy series Chuck.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- At a young age, traveled with the national tour of Beatlemania, in which his father played George Harrison.
- Started his acting career with commercials for IBM, Volkswagen and T-Mobile.
- First major TV appearance came with a 2001 episode of NBC's Law & Order.
- Costarred with his brother Rick in indie drama Last Man Running (2003).
- Voiced characters in a number of video games, including Call of Duty 2 and BioShock.
- Best known for playing Morgan Grimes on the NBC's espionage series Chuck from 2007 to 2012.
- Is a vegetarian and an avid runner.