- Father is Afro-Cuban, mother is Irish-English.
- Decided to try modeling after suffering a football injury in high school.
- Nominated three years in a row (2000-02) for an ALMA award as Outstanding Actor in a Daytime Drama for his work on Days of Our Lives.
- Traveled to South Africa in 2004 as part of an HIV-awareness health campaign.
- Involved in the charity PADRES Contra El Cancer, which helps economically disadvantaged Latino families whose children are diagnosed with cancer.
- Has modeled for Versace, International Male and El Pollo Loco.