- Studied the arts at a very young age, taking classes in piano, ballet and modern dance.
- After graduating from the University of Western Ontario, attended the George Brown Theater School in Toronto, where he became an active member of the local theater scene.
- Early theater experience includes roles in John Palmer's Singapore, Fabrizio Filippo's Waiting for Lewis, William Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost and Robin Fulford's Steel Kiss.
- Plays the bass and acoustic guitar in the Los Angeles-based band Analog Smith.
- Holds a fourth degree black belt in Legacy Shorin Ryu.