- Originally offered at place at Oxford University to study English, but turned it down to go to drama school.
- Was rejected for four years before being granted a place at RADA.
- Worked in betting shops, bars and delivering sandwiches before going to drama school.
- Won the Awarded Audience Prize at the RADA Prize Fights when she was at RADA in 2003.
- Played the role of Cecily Cardew in The Importance of Being Earnest at the Oxford Playhouse in the summer of 2005.
- Nominated for an Evening Standard Award in 2007 for her role as Laura Wingfield in The Glass Menagerie at the Apollo Theatre in London.