- First TV role was playing Molly in the mini-series Cyclone Tracy (1986).
- Best known for her role as Sally Fletcher on TV's Home and Away, a role she played from 1988 to 2008; until her departure she was in the Guinness World Records for being the longest-serving actor in an Australian drama series.
- Performed "You're The One That I Want" with country music star Troy Cassar-Daly on the celebrity singing competition It Takes Two in 2006.
- Was a co-host on the Nova 96.9 radio breakfast show from 2008 to 2009.
- Co-hosted the ARIA Awards in 2009.
- Became the face of the beauty product brand Vaseline in 2009.
- Was the Australia Day Ambassador in 2012.