The image of singer and actress Julie Gonzalo makes many fans think of the blond-haired, blue-eyed, all-American girls that she's played, like cheerleader Amber in Dodgeball and high-school queen bee Stacey in Freaky Friday. Gonzalo's roots, however, are very diverse, leading back to Argentina, where she was born in 1981. After moving to the U.S. at age eight, Gonzalo began modeling as a child, while studying acting in school. After graduation, she moved to L.A. to pursue her career full-time, and soon began appearing in films like A Cinderella Story and Christmas with the Kranks. In 2006, she scored a big break with the role of Parker Lee on the cult-hit series Veronica Mars, and though the show was canceled in 2007, Gonzalo had no trouble staying on television, soon playing Maggie Dekker on the show Eli Stone. In 2012 she was cast in the reboot of Dallas as Rebecca Sutter.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Moved with her family from Argentina to Miami Beach, FL, when she was eight.
- Began her career as a model.
- Her first audition resulted in a role in her film debut, the 2002 romantic comedy I'm With Lucy.
- Got her big break playing Parker in the TV series Veronica Mars.
- Appeared in the 2007 Spanish-language film Ladrón Que Roba a Ladrón.
- Won a 2008 ALMA Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Eli Stone).