Holding a degree in psychology, Emma Caulfield began her acting career in television on shows like General Hospital and Beverly Hills 90210. After a couple of brief film appearances, she landed her breakthrough role on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as the demon Anyanka, reborn as the human Anya Emerson, at Sunnydale High. Her popularity on the show led to an expanding role for her character as well as a lead in the thriller Darkness Falls (2003).
Biography by Andrea LeVasseur
- Was awarded the Excellence in Theatre Arts award at her high school.
- Stage name is a reference to the character Holden Caulfield of J.D. Salinger's book The Catcher in the Rye.
- Her role of ex-demon Anya on Buffy the Vampire Slayer was originally a minor role, but became so popular that creator Joss Whedon promoted her to a regular cast member in season 5.
- Made FHM's list of the 100 Sexiest Women in the World for 2002 and 2003.
- Regrets that she turned down the opportunity to audition for the roles of Six and Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica.