Actor Zachary Levi began acting on-stage in community and regional theater when he was just a kid, but it was a very grown-up performance as Hank in the play Marvin's Room that booked him an agent. His first big break onscreen was a supporting role in the FX TV movie Big Shot: Confessions of a Campus Bookie. Among other TV work, he played Kipp Steadman on the sitcom Less Than Perfect. Eventually, he scored the lead role of geeky unlikely hero Chuck Bartowski on the spy comedy TV series Chuck, which began airing in 2007. While Chuck ran for 5 seasons, he tried his hand at big-screen success in projects such as Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel. He had his biggest hit voicing the good guy in the animated hit Tangled. In 2013, he replaced Josh Dallas (who was busy working on Once Upon a Time on TV) in Thor: The Dark World, playing Fandral. Levi was scheduled to play the role in the first Thor movie, but scheduling conflicts with Chuck forced him to have to drop out. In 2015, he was cast in the Heroes TV series reboot, titled Heroes Reborn.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Began acting in regional theater at age 6; has starred in productions of Grease, Oliver and Marvin's Room.
- First on-screen appearance was in the 2002 cable movie Big Shot: Confessions of a Campus Bookie.
- Coproduced and costarred in 2007's Spiral, an independent film made with his friends Joel Moore and Jeremy Danial Boreing.
- Appeared and sang in the music video for Katharine McPhee's "Terrified."
- Hosted the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards.
- Made his Broadway debut in 2013 in First Date, opposite Krysta Rodriguez.