Best known as one of the punk/rap group Beastie Boys, Adam Horovitz also occasionally appears in films. Though he and fellow group mates had appeared in films as the Beastie Boys, Horovitz did not make his solo acting debut until he was cast as a mentally disturbed teen under psychiatrist Donald Sutherland's care in Lost Angels (1989). He would go on to appear in a handful of short films.
Biography by Sandra Brennan
- First band was the Young and the Useless, which played hardcore punk.
- Joined the Beastie Boys in 1983, and the group soon turned from its punk beginnings to rap.
- Made his big-screen debut in 1985, playing himself in Krush Groove; went on to act in A Kiss Before Dying (1991) and Roadside Prophets (1992).
- In the early '90s, co-founded the Grand Royal record label, through which the Beasties released their third album, Check Your Head (1992).
- Known as Ad-Rock or King Ad-Rock in his work with the Beasties.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of the Beastie Boys) in 2012.