After working in television for a several years, mostly in guest roles on such series as Angel, Tru Calling, and Roswell, Kristoffer Polaha scored quite the part as his first major role -- the Reno, Nevada-born actor portrayed John F. Kennedy Jr. (no stretch, given the physical resemblance) in the warmly received 2003 telemovie America's Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story. Not long after that, Polaha took on his first regular TV role, playing luxery hotel manager Jason Matthews on the prime-time soaper North Shore. When that series ended after just one season, Polaha continued on with guest work on popular shows such as House, Bones, and Mad Men, appearing in a regular role again in 2008 on the very short-lived sitcom Miss Guided. On that series, he played shop teacher-turned-Spanish instructor Tim O'Malley -- the object of high-school guidence councilor Becky Freeley's (Judy Greer) affection. He continued to appear in small-screen fare such as Life Unexpected and Ringer. In his private life, Polaha made headlines in 2003, when he courted and wed Days of Our Lives heartthrob Julianne Morris -- nine years his senior -- and parented children with her not long after.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Is the youngest of four brothers.
- Has a rich background in theater that includes Ragtime Revue at Lincoln Center, Long Day's Journey Into Night at Roundabout Theater, Bread and Butter at Provincetown Playhouse and Richard III at the Stella Adler Conservatory.
- Portrayed John F. Kennedy Jr. in the 2003 made-for-cable movie America's Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story.
- Wife Julianne Morris gave birth to their first son in 2004 in Hawaii, where the actor was filming the TV series North Shore.
- Completed the Honolulu Marathon in 2004.
- Has admitted to being a paternal person and protective of Britt Robertson, who portrayed his on-screen daughter on The CW series Life Unexpected.