For half a decade, actor Josh Holloway made his living with TV guest spots and supporting roles in movies most people have never heard of. But in 2004, that all changed when he landed the part of marooned conman James "Sawyer" Ford on the mindbending ABC drama Lost. Following the show's success, Holloway moved into the realm of film, appearing in movies like Stay Cool and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. In 2014, he returned to television in on the CBS series Intelligence.
Biography by Matthew Tobey
- The second of four brothers, he grew up in a trailer in Georgia's Blue Ridge Mountains, and his first job was picking up dead chickens on a farm.
- Played a purse snatcher in the 1994 video "Cryin'" by Aerosmith.
- Guest roles included Angel; Walker, Texas Ranger; CSI; and NCIS. Also costarred in the 2002 Sci-Fi Channel movie Sabretooth before being cast in Lost.
- Proposed to wife Yessica Kumala while filming the Lost pilot in March 2004.
- Made news in October 2005 when he and Kumala were robbed at gunpoint in their Honolulu-area home. The thief took credit cards and the couple's Mercedes-Benz, which was recovered later the day of the robbery.