The younger sister of screen star Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense, A.I.), Emily Osment followed in the footsteps of her sibling by essaying an acting career early in life; she officially debuted at the age of five (in 1997), in an FTD florist commercial, then bowed dramatically two years later, with a small role opposite Linda Hamilton and Eugene Levy in the teen picture The Secret Life of Girls (1999). Osment subsequently enjoyed a recurring role as Gerti Giggles in the second and third installments of the Spy Kids series, but garnered her biggest fan base among teenage and preteen girls for her portrayal of Lilly Truscott, the best friend of the title character in the blockbuster Disney Channel series Hannah Montana. She provided numerous voices for the direct-to-video sequel Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 in 2011, and that same year starred in the movie Cyberbully.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Broke into show business at the age of 5 with a commercial for FTD Flowers.
- Made her film debut in the 1999 teen comedy The Secret Life of Girls.
- Released her first album, Fight or Flight, in October 2010.
- Appeared in an ad campaign for Vanilla Star Jeans.
- Hobbies include soccer, golf and snowboarding.