Florida native Shawn Pyfrom began his onscreen career with small appearances on shows like Ellen and The Drew Carey Show. He would continue to sustain a viable career with these kinds of guest appearances before landing the role of the troubled Andrew van de Camp on the popular series Desperate Housewives. During the run of that program he also appeared in The Darkroom, The Shaggy Dog, and Tanner Hill.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Began acting at the age of 4.
- His mother left her job as a physical therapist to manage his entertainment career.
- Had important roles in two different 1999 biopics—playing the young Michael Landon in Michael Landon, the Father I Knew and the young Danny Bonaduce on Come On, Get Happy: The Partridge Family Story.
- In 2002 received a Young Artist Award for his appearance on Reba.
- Best known for his role as Andrew Van de Kamp on the ABC series Desperate Housewives.