With his distinct yet pleasant "everyman" appearance, Sam Jaeger largely built up his career resumé with a string of guest appearances on television programs during the late '90s and into the first decade of the new millennium -- including Law & Order, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Scrubs. Cinematically, Jaeger tackled small roles in the 2006 gangster comedy Lucky Number Slevin (starring Ben Kingsley) and the 2007 Jennifer Garner-headlined romantic comedy-drama Catch and Release. The next year, he was cast on the fantastical legal drama Eli Stone as slick, competitive lawyer Matt Dowd. Over the next few years, Jaeger would find success on the TV series Parenthood.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- While still in college, landed his first professional role, guest starring in an episode of Law & Order.
- Worked with Bruce Willis in both Hart's War (2002) and Lucky Number Slevin (2006).
- Notable television roles include Matt Dowd on Eli Stone, as well as guest roles on ER, CSI, The West Wing, NYPD Blue and Scrubs.
- Co-wrote and produced two short films, Quiz Bowl and Advantage Hart.
- Wrote and starred in Take Me Home, his feature directorial debut.