After regular TV work throughout the early 2000s, Canadian actor Justin Chatwin gained recognition in 2005 for his supporting role as Tom Cruise's son in the Steven Spielberg-directed summer blockbuster War of the Worlds. Chatwin would land his first starring role in a feature film just two years later, with The Invisible. A supernatural thriller helmed by Blade scribe David Goyer, the film cast Chatwin as a ghost in search of his own murderer.
Biography by Matthew Tobey
- Made Newsweek magazine's Actor to Watch list in 2004.
- Played drug dealers in the 2005 film The Chumscrubber and the cable series Weeds.
- Mother is an artist and documentary filmmaker.
- Got into acting when a friend dared him to accompany him to an audition.
- Is an ambassador for Operation Smile and went on a 2007 mission to Peru.
- Enjoys camping and duck hunting.