Dancer, model, and singer Roselyn Sanchez was awarded Miss America Petite in 1994. In Puerto Rico, she gained public attention as a dancer and co-host of the variety show Que Vacilon. She moved to New York City in search of an acting career at the age of 21 and worked on her one-woman show, Out Here on My Own. Her first English speaking role was for the CBS soap opera As the World Turns as Pilar, the show's first Latina character in its over 40-year history on the air. Her television career includes the short-lived series Fame L.A. and the Fox rookie cop drama Ryan Caulfield: Year One. Her feature film breakthrough role came in 2001, as Jackie Chan's love interest in Rush Hour 2. The following year she had supporting roles in the comedy Boat Trip, the thriller Basic, and the horror flick Nightstalker. In 2003, she starred alongside Jaci Velasquez and Sofia Vergara for the comedy Chasing Papi (aka Papi Chulo).
Biography by Andrea LeVasseur
- Named Miss Puerto Rico Petite in 1993, and Miss America Petite the following year.
- After starring on a popular sitcom in Puerto Rico, she moved to New York in the mid-90s hoping to be an instant success but ended up struggling for a number of years.
- Wrote and starred in Out Here on My Own, a one-woman show about her life in the Big Apple that lasted one night. Her parents visited her for the first time in order to see it.
- Landed her first English-speaking role as Pilar Domingo on As the World Turns in 1996.
- Released her debut CD, Borinqueña, featuring the single "Amor Amor," in 2003.
- Joined the cast of Without a Trace in 2005, playing agent Elena Delgado.
- Appeared in a anti-fur ad for PETA in 2007.