Pop music performer Aaron Carter came from a show business family as the brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter. Young Carter first made waves in the early 2000s with a primarily pre-teen fan base, joining the ranks of other tween idols like Hilary Duff. He also made the rounds as an actor in the same crowd, appearing on family-friendly shows like Lizzie McGuire, 7th Heaven, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. In 2006, Carter and his siblings signed on to appear in the reality show House of Carters, revealing much of the pain and dysfunction that lingered under the surface of their lives. Reality TV was a good fit for Carter, and he signed on to appear on the competitive reality show Dancing with the Stars in 2009.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Began singing at age 7 with the band Dead End and released his first solo album at age 9.
- Made his Broadway debut in 2001 as JoJo the Who in Seussical the Musical.
- Is the youngest male solo artist to have four Top 40 singles.
- Has a twin sister named Angel.
- Has championed environmental issues such as protection of the Everglades.