Born in 1973, Los Angeles native Brian Austin Green is best known for his role as David Silver in the '90s pop-culture phenomenon, Beverly Hills 90210; however, Green had been appearing on the small-screen long before he made a name for himself as Donna Martin's (Tori Spelling) lucky boyfriend. By the age of 11, when he appeared in a film produced by a student of the University of Southern California, Green knew he wanted a career in the arts, and by 1989, he was well on his way to doing just that, having made appearances on Knots Landing, Baywatch, The New Leave It to Beaver, and Highway to Heaven. After the success of 90210, which premiered in 1990 and ran for ten years, Green would continue to act in a variety of projects, finding particular success with TV series like Stacey Stone, Freddie, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Desperate Housewives, The Wedding Band and Anger Management. He would also marry and start a family with actress Megan Fox in 2010.
Biography by Tracie Cooper
- Father was a professional drummer who did studio work for Frank Sinatra and toured with Glen Campbell.
- Parents added Austin to his name when he was 9 because there was another Brian Green in the Screen Actors Guild.
- Got his big break playing Donna Mills' son on Knots Landing from 1986 to 1989.
- His character on Beverly Hills, 90210, David Silver, made his way among the cooler kids on the show through his involvement in music. Following Silver's (and his real-life father's) footsteps, Green turned to music in his own life.
- Released a critically panned rap album, One Stop Carnival, in 1996.
- Began a music-production company called Shen Productions.
- Also known for his role as Derek Reese on the 2008-09 TV sci-fi drama, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, as well as his work on Smallville, playing Metallo, a role he took on in 2009.