Lead actress Erin Gray first appeared onscreen in the late '70s.
- Was one of the first swimsuit models for Sports Illustrated magazine.
- Made TV debut as a dancer in a late 1960s variety show called Malibu U., which starred Ricky Nelson.
- Landed breakout role in a 1978 miniseries titled Evening in Byzantium.
- Landed movie role as Col. Wilma Deering in the 1979 sci-fi flick Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, which later became a TV series, Buck Rogers, in which she reprised her role.
- Well-received, recurring role on Magnum P.I. led to steadier work as Kate Summers on the popular '80s family sitcom Silver Spoons.
- Has garnered nine community-service awards, including the Leadership Award by the County of Los Angeles, the Guardian Angel Award from Mothers Against Sexual Abuse and the 2002 Woman of the Year Award by the Los Angeles Commission for Women.
- Serves as the spokesperson for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and is a board member for Haven House, the oldest women's shelter in the U.S.
- Is an instructor of Tai Chi and Qi Gong at UCLA.