Active - 2000 - 2016 |
Born - May 30, 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States |
- Lost his father when he was 2 from a heart attack; and his mother when he was 18 due to complications from a car accident two years earlier.
- Belonged to Goodie Mob, a pioneering Southern rap act in the 1990s.
- Released two albums on Arista in the early 2000s, but the label dropped him due to disappointing sales.
- Half of Gnarls Barkley, a hip-hop duo that also features Danger Mouse.
- "Crazy," the 2006 debut single of Gnarls Barkley, became the first single to reach No. 1 in the U.K. based on download sales alone; it made it to No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rolling Stone ranked "Crazy" the No. 1 song for 2000-2009 in its Top 50 Songs of the Decade list.
- Had a smash viral hit in 2010 with "F. You"; the YouTube video has garnered more than 38 million views.