After a childhood in Germany and the U.K., actor Thorsten Kaye moved to the United States under a decathlon scholarship at the United States International University in San Diego. He would go on to get his master's from Wayne State University in Detroit, all while taking on major theater roles in plays like Othello and Macbeth. Kaye also entertained a career in television acting, taking on roles in numerous daytime soap operas like All My Children, One Life to Live, and Port Charles. He's also published a book of poetry and was an active blogger on NHL.com, writing about the Detroit Red Wings during the Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2008.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Came to the U.S. from England on a track scholarship.
- As an avid rugby player, he competed throughout Europe before enrolling at Wayne State.
- Joined One Life to Live as Patrick Thornhart in 1995 and left two years later with costar and girlfriend Susan Haskell.
- Published a book of poetry in 1998 with friend Dorothy Bridges called From Timber Ridge to Daymer Gardens.
- Has also worked as a stunt performer in multiple films, including 1999's The Bone Collector.
- In 2000, he was cast on the ABC soap Port Charles as Ian Thornhart, the brother of his former One Life to Live character Patrick Thornhart.
- Published a book of children's poetry in 2009 called A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons.
- Played Zach Slater on ABC's All My Children from 2003 until 2010; he left the show after production moved from New York to Los Angeles.