- Grew up in Cajun country in southern Louisiana.
- Was a member of the Kappa Delta sorority.
- Crowned Miss USA in 1996.
- Landed in the national spotlight in 1998 with a memorable acrobatic Doritos commercial that debuted during the Super Bowl.
- Listed as one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1998.
- Ran the Boston Marathon in 2002.
- Recalled her experiences of being stalked in the 2005 Court TV documentary Stalkers in the Shadows.
- Met her husband, film director Alejandro Gomez Monteverde, at a Bible study.
- Starred in husband's award-winning 2006 film Bella.
- Launched a fashion line called Belle Parish in 2009.