Legendary soccer player who had a small role in the film Tifosi.
Biography by Rovi
- Signed to his first pro contract at age 15.
- Played in four World Cups for Argentina.
- Was team captain and designated as the tournament's best player in 1986, when Argentina won the World Cup.
- Had two goals in 1986 game vs. England that made his reputation--the "Hand of God" goal, and the "Goal of the Century."
- Suspended for 15 months in 1991 for failed drug test.
- Sent home from the 1994 World Cup when he tested positive for drug ephedrine.
- Retired in 1997 in poor health.
- Finished first in an Internet vote for "FIFA Player of the Century."
- Inspired the "Church of Maradona," said to have over 100,000 members from 60 countries.
- Had autobiography published in 2000.
- Had his stomach stapled to halt weight gain in 2005.
- Named coach of Argentina's national team in 2008.
- Ran over a cameraman's leg on the way to announce Argentina's roster for the 2010 World Cup.