- Was mentored by Mahendra Joshi to help him boost his acting skills; started his career as a theatre actor.
- Appeared in various stage productions in English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati languages.
- Made his debuted with the film Godmother (1999).
- Style (2001) gave him the much-needed recognition as an actor.
- Bagged a nomination for Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for his performance in 3 Idiots (2009).
- Starred in over 500 shows in a Gujarati version of the play All the Best, where he played a deaf character.