Kaley Cuoco began modeling and acting at the tender age of six, when she was cast in the TV movie Quicksand: No Escape. Growing up in front of the camera, the young actress continued to appear as the requisite little girl in movies like Virtuosity and Picture Perfect until she was cast as teenage daughter Bridget on the sitcom 8 Simple Rules. TV would prove to be the actor's bread and butter, and she would go on to star on Charmed, 6Teen, and Monster Allergy, not to mention The Big Bang Theory, a show that earned her legions of fans as Penny, the hot neighbor of two geeky physicists (Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons). Cuoco also continued to appear in films, though on a much smaller scale compared to her TV work. She appeared in a supporting role in the Easter film Hop in 2011, and played the female lead opposite Kevin Hart and Josh Gad in The Wedding Ringer in 2015.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Learned to play tennis at 3 years old and was a ranked amateur player with the Southern California Tennis Association.
- Appeared in six Barbie commercials as a child.
- Earned her high-school diploma at 16 years old.
- Played the older sister on 8 Simple Rules, even though she was 6 years younger than Amy Davidson, who played her younger sister.
- Won the 2003 Teen Choice Award for Breakthrough Actress for her work on 8 Simple Rules.
- Broke her leg during a horseback riding accident in 2010; her character on The Big Bang Theory was absent for a couple of episodes as a result.
- Appeared in two commercials during Super Bowl XLVII in 2013, one for Priceline.com and the other for Toyota.