Comedian H. Jon Benjamin is the man behind that blunt, coarse, stupidly optimistic voice known and loved by fans of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming. In his earlier days, he was the voice of lovable layabout Ben Katz on Dr. Katz Professional Therapist. But his Squigglevision-rendered characters did not stop there. He was also the voice of Professor Parsons on Science Court before moving on to his regular gig on Home Movies as both the hapless has-been Coach Jon McGurk and the snot-nosed sidekick Jason Panopolis. Benjamin also can be heard in episodes of Saddle Rash, Hey Monie!, Space Ghost, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and several other cartoons. His feature-film appearances, sadly, are often obscured by poorly distributed, sharply written independent comedies that have yet to reach their audience. However, you can hear him as the voice of the can of vegetables in one of the more absurd plot threads of the film Wet Hot American Summer. He can also be seen in the satirical comedy Temptation, a film made in accordance with the Dogme 69 [sic] manifesto that may or may not ever be released. H. Jon Benjamin also shows up on-stage in New York City for the bizarre kiddie show Midnight Pajama Jam and the comedy thing called Tinkle with Todd Barry and David Cross. He lent his vocal talents to the FX series Archer as well as the program Bob's Burgers, and he had a brief series of his own called Jon Benjamin Has a Van.
Biography by Andrea LeVasseur
- Performed with the comedy troupes Cross Comedy and Comedy Lab.
- Guest starred on Sex and the City, Rescue Me and Parks and Recreation.
- Had recurring voice-over roles on Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist and Family Guy.
- Portrayed a can of vegetables in the 2001 movie Wet Hot American Summer.
- Costarred with Conan O'Brien in a commercial for Bud Light that aired during Super Bowl XLIII.