Cuban-American actor Eddie Cibrian was born in California, where he got a taste for show business early on. Like a lot of good-looking young actors, he got his feet wet in the business with a role on a soap opera, playing Matt Clark on The Young and the Restless. He'd eventually take on the starring role of Griff Walker on the tawdry show Baywatch Nights before rounding out the '90s with a three-year stint on Sunset Beach. The new millennium found Cibrian's career on a continual upward trajectory, most prominently assuming the role of Jimmy Doherty on the series Third Watch between 1999 and 2005. He went on to spend most of 2006 playing Russell Varon on the sci-fi series Invasion, and Agent Daniel Lucas on the show Vanished, and in the years following, Cibrian found his way onto myriad popular shows, appearing on Dirty Sexy Money, Ugly Betty, Samantha Who?, CSI: Miami, and The Playboy Club.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is of Cuban descent.
- Appeared in a few commercials at the age of 12, but didn't consider acting as a career until college.
- Guest appearances on Saved by the Bell and Bold and the Beautiful eventually landed him a regular spot on Young and the Restless.
- Subsequently landed starring roles on several prime-time dramas, including Third Watch, Invasion and CSI: Miami.
- Was a member of the Canadian soul-pop group 3Deep, which released two albums before disbanding in 2001.
- Big-screen appearances include action-horror movie The Cave (2005) and romantic drama Not Easily Broken (2009).