- Father was killed in a car accident when she was 8.
- Made acting debut in 1975 in TV series Divison 4.
- Met husband Hugh Jackman on the set of TV drama Corelli in 1995.
- Wrote and directed short film Standing Room Only in 2003.
- In 2005, co-founded The Rafiki Society in Vancouver to assist orphanages in Africa.
- Launched a production company, Seed, with Jackman and business partner John Palermo in 2006.
- Founded National Adoption Awareness Week in 2008 to encourage more Australians to consider adopting children.
- In 2010, honoured for her professional and personal achievements in an episode of This Is Your Life.