Known to millions as the adorable Punky Brewster, actress Soleil Moon Frye began acting when she was only two years old. The daughter of actor Virgil Frye, Soleil cut her teeth on projects like the TV movie Who Will Love My Children? before scoring the role of Punky at the age of eight. Audiences fell in love with the precocious child, and she stayed with the show until 1988. After it wrapped, Frye continued to remain creative and active, appearing in three seasons of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, doing voiceover work for shows like The Proud Family and Planet Sheen, working in films such as Summertime Switch and even directing the 2004 film Sonny Boy.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Named for a song in Annie Get Your Gun, "I Got the Sun in the Mornin' (and the Moon at Night)."
- Kept a jacket given to her by Andy Gibb while he was filming an appearance on Punky Brewster.
- Had breast reduction surgery in May 1992 when she was 15.
- Worked with her half-brother Meeno Peluce as a co-director and co-writer on the film Wild Horses (1998).
- Was childhood friends with fellow child actor Melissa Joan Hart before the two worked together on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
- Directed the 2004 documentary Sonny Boy about her father's struggle with Alzheimer's disease.
- Opened an eco-friendly children's boutique called The Little Seed in Los Angeles in 2007.