Born Elmer Figueroa Arce, Chayanne has been a top-selling, award-winning Latin American pop music star since his teens, first as part of the boy band Los Chicos and then as a solo act. Along with his music career, Chayanne branched out into acting on Mexican and Puerto Rican TV and moved to film with Jocobo Morales' Linda Sara (1995). An adept dancer as well as singer and actor, Chayanne got his Hollywood break when Randa Haines cast him over scores of other Hispanic hopefuls opposite Vanessa L. Williams in the terpsichorean romance Dance With Me (1998).
Biography by Lucia Bozzola
- Joined the Puerto Rican boy band Los Chicos at age 11.
- Appeared in a weekly TV show and a made-for-TV movie with his Los Chicos bandmates during the 1980s.
- Began his solo career with the release of his album, Chayanne Es Mi Nombre in 1984.
- Made a commercial for Pepsi in 1989 that aired during the Grammy Awards that year.
- Voiced Flynn Rider in the Spanish dubbed version of Tangled (2010).