Born in San Mateo, CA, barrel-chested American supporting actor Michael Trucco opted for the most unlikely and circuitous route into show business: he began his studies as a criminal justice major at the University of Santa Clara -- with plans to model his own career after that of his law officer father -- and discovered theater by accident, first via a drama course for non-majors, then by switching his major to dramatic arts at the behest of a drama teacher and his own parents. Numerous minor roles in theatrical productions followed; Trucco's turn in a Los Angeles-area production of the Aaron Sorkin play A Few Good Men solicited the attentions of an agent, who signed the aspiring actor and secured bit parts for him in many films and television programs. These included single-episode contributions to CSI, Arli$$, and Charmed; a supporting role in the sex comedy What Boys Like; and recurring roles on One Tree Hill, as Cooper Lee, and on the popular sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica, as Sam Anders. Trucco could then be seen in the Nicolas Cage vehicle Next in summer 2007.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Planned to follow in his police officer father's footsteps and began studying criminal justice at college, before switching his major to theatre arts.
- Caught the attention of a talent agent while performing the lead role in a Los Angeles-area production of A Few Good Men.
- Did stand-in work for Matt Dillon.
- Originally auditioned for the role of Lee "Apollo" Adama on Battlestar Galactica, but instead was cast as Samuel Anders.
- Fractured four vertebrae as a passenger in a severe car accident in December 2007 and made a full recovery.
- Participates in celebrity poker tournaments.
- Enjoys riding motorcycles and racing cars, both on and off screen: He portrayed a race-car driver on One Tree Hill, and he participates in events such as the 2013 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race.