Holly Robinson Peete began her career in show business in 1969 when she was five years old with an appearance on the children's series Sesame Street, on which her father played non-Muppet cast member Gordon. In adulthood, she would go on to appear on shows like 21 Jump Street and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, and later on Love, Inc. She became one of the co-hosts of The View knockoff The Talk, and in 2012 she spoofed her breakthrough part by appearing in the big-screen comedy 21 Jump Street. She is married to former NFL quraterback Rodney Peete.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- First TV appearance was on Sesame Street alongside her father, who was the first actor to play Gordon.
- Regular TV-series debut role was in 1987 on Fox's 21 Jump Street.
- Sang the theme songs for 21 Jump Street and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper.
- Surprised her husband, Rodney Peete, on their wedding day with a performance from the University of Southern California's Marching Band.
- Along with her husband, formed the HollyRod Foundation in 1997. The organization gives aid to people who are suffering from any type of illness.
- Received a Quill Award for her 2005 book, Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football.