Actress Felicity Jones paid her dues as a teenager, playing a recurring character on the low-budget U.K. fantasy series The Worst Witch. Her next big break would be a TV role, as well, but part of Zoe Brogan on the drama Cape Wrath would come with considerably more prestige. Jones then branched out with a part in the 2008 of the novel Brideshead Revisited and a prominent role in the 2009 Stephen Frears film Chéri. Jones co-starred in the well-received romantic drama Like Crazy, and scored her first Oscar nomination for her work in 2014's The Theory of Everything playing the wife of celebrated scientist Stephen Hawking.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Her hometown, Bournville, was a model village planned by the Cadbury chocolate company.
- First acting job was at age 11, in the British TV movie The Treasure Seekers, opposite a young Kiera Knightley.
- At age 15, she began playing Emma Carter on the long-running BBC Radio series The Archers; she continued to play the role while attending university.
- Was the face of Dolce & Gabbana's makeup line in 2011.
- Starred in Luise Miller at the Donmar Warehouse in London in 2011.