Going under the name Pauley P., actress Pauley Perrette (born March 27th, 1969) first gained notoriety with an extended arc on the acclaimed ABC drama Murder One. She followed that with guest spots on such shows as The Drew Carey Show and Frasier before landing a gig as a regular (using her full moniker) on the short-lived Party of Five spin-off Time of Your Life. After that series bowed, Perrette could be seen in small capacity in the big-screen hits Almost Famous and The Ring. In 2003, she finally landed in a series with staying power. This time it was the JAG spin-off Navy NCIS, a CBS drama that cast Perrette in a lead role alongside Mark Harmon.
Biography by Matthew Tobey
- Studied sociology, psychology and criminology in college.
- Her blog on the CBS Web site chronicles her experiences acting in NCIS.
- Known for her Goth look.
- She performed in a band, Lo-Ball, and also recorded a song, "Fear," which aired on a 2010 NCIS episode and was included on the show's sound track.
- Appeared in "The Unnamed Feeling" Metallica music video.
- Her music career led to a friendship with Randy Jackson, whose American Idol competes for viewers with NCIS.
- Supports gay rights, civil rights, the American Red Cross and animal rights; backs a rescue organization for abandoned and abused dogs.
- Her interest in battling crime extends beyond her forensic-scientist role on NCIS, as she once appeared on America's Most Wanted in efforts to solve a 2007 murder.