American character actor Curtis Armstrong is best known in films for playing Dudley "Booger" Dawson in the Revenge of the Nerds series of feature films and TV movies. On television he is best remembered for playing Herbert Viola in the ABC series Moonlighting (1985-1989). When he was just starting out, Armstrong founded his own theater company in Michigan. He continued working in theater until 1983 when he made his film debut playing opposite Tom Cruise in Risky Business. He appeared in Revenge of the Nerds the following year. In addition to playing Booger, Armstrong appeared in other features, including The Clan of the Cave Bear (1986) and The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993). He would remain extremely active for decades to come, appearing in movies like Southland Tales and Beer for My Horses, and on shows like Boston Legal, The Closer, and Dan Vs.
Biography by Sandra Brennan
- Before his interest in acting developed, he wanted to be a journalist.
- Worked in theater for years before making his film debut as Tom Cruise's best friend in 1983's Risky Business.
- Perhaps most recognized for playing Dudley "Booger" Dawson in the feature films Revenge of the Nerds (1984) and Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise (1987). Reprised his role for the TV movies Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation (1992) and Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Love (1994).
- Appeared on television for the first time when he joined the second season of ABC's Moonlighting.
- A prolific character actor, he made guest appearances on such shows as Murphy Brown, Felicity, Ed and One on One.