- Aspired to be a doctor and worked at a hospital before discovering his passion for acting.
- Studied acting at the Stockholm School in the late 1960s.
- Began performing in stage productions throughout theaters in Sweden, including Stockholm City Theatre, during the 1970s.
- Was a member of Stockholm's Royal Dramatic Theatre during the 1990s.
- Received the Eugene O'Neill Award in 1997.
- Toured Europe as the star of a one-man show adapted from Hjalmar Söderberg's Doktor Glas in 2013.
- Has appeared in numerous films, TV series and plays throughout the course of four decades.