Something many fans of Greg Grunberg may have noticed is that the actor has appeared in a noticeably large number of projects by producer J.J. Abrams. This is because Grunberg and Abrams, in fact, grew up together and remained friends. His first big break came when his friend set to work on a one-hour dramedy called Felicity. Grunberg was cast in the role of Sean Blumberg -- a role he would continue to play for all of the show's four-year run. His next notable part came when he assumed the recurring role of Agent EricWeiss on the spy show Alias. He then popped up in the Abrams pilot for the series Lost, as the pilot of the crashed airplane, before joining the cast of the wildly popular sci-fi series Heroes as police officer Matt Parkman, whose superhuman power is that he is able to hear other people's thoughts.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Worked as an assistant to Hollywood producer Joel Silver.
- Founded and ran a successful frozen yogurt business called Yogurt Runners.
- Is a longtime friend of J.J. Abrams, who gave him his first acting role on Felicity.
- Organized Hollywood's Helping Hands, a benefit campaign to raise awareness of epilepsy, after he learned his son Jake has the disorder.
- Co-created the iPhone app Yowza!!, which allows users to access coupons based on their GPS location.
- Formed the music group Band From TV, which features an all-celebrity lineup, after guest starring on House and striking up a friendship with fellow musician Hugh Laurie.