- Landed earliest acting gigs on a few soap operas during the 1970s, including Gerry Brayley on CBS's daytime sudser Love of Life, Penny Davis on the NBC serial The Doctors and Karen Wolek on the ABC soap One Life to Live.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1978's acclaimed revival of Once in a Lifetime.
- Breakout role was as Stephanie Vanderkellen, a former rich girl-turned-maid, in the popular sitcom Newhart, which she joined in its sophomore season.
- Joined the cast of the Designing Women as Allison Sugarbaker, the cousin of Julia and Suzanne, in the sixth season.
- Played the wife of Peter Scolari in two shows; first on Newhart, then later on the Jason Alexander sitcom Listen Up!