Independent film star Aleksa Palladino began her career in a starring role, at the age of 15, in Lisa Krueger's debut feature Manny & Lo (1996). Palladino played Lo, the pregnant runaway sister of Manny (Scarlett Johansson). For the next couple of years, she continued getting starring roles in small indie films including Red Dirt, Wrestling With Alligators, and The Adventures of Sebastian Cole. Making a brief move to made-for-TV movies, she starred in the USA Network original movie The Huntress as a 19-year-old girl avenging her father's death. Eventually, she accepted a couple of supporting roles for two downbeat dramas in 2001, Todd Solondz's Storytelling and Tanya Wexler's Ball in the House. Over the coming years, Palladino would find particular success with the period series Boardwalk Empire.
Biography by Andrea LeVasseur
- Raised by her mother, an opera singer, and her grandparents, who are painters.
- Made her film debut at age 14, opposite Scarlett Johansson in Manny & Lo.
- Appeared in the music video for the Gin Blossoms' "'Til I Hear It From You."
- Met her future husband, Devon Church, while on a train in Canada when she was 18; they reconnected three years later.
- Lead singer for Exitmusic, a band she formed with guitarist-keyboardist husband Devon Church.