- Began acting as a toddler, when her parents took her to auditions in an attempt to get her to overcome her shyness.
- Put her acting career on hold to attend high school.
- While in high school, she was a cheerleader and worked as a hostess at a restaurant.
- The daughter of an Israeli mother, she has visited Israel often and feels very connected to her family there.
- Appeared in the 1994 pilot episode of NBC's ER as a patient, and played an intern for the final season of the long-running medical drama.
- Breakthrough role came when she landed the part of a high school student who befriends aliens on the WB sci-fi drama Roswell.
- Causes that are important to her include getting arts programs for children, promoting healthy lifestyles and stopping animal cruelty.