- Before acting, planned to go into either finance or advertising.
- Fell in love with America as a high-school foreign-exchange student.
- Came and stayed in the U.S. after accepting an advertising internship in New York City.
- In 1994, crashed a post-Oscar party at Morton's in Los Angeles, where he chatted with Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise.
- Acting debut was as Swiss exchange student Brian Keller in Saved by the Bell: The New Class.
- Has appeared in a Coke commercial and made a milk commercial with Tiffani-Amber Thiessen.
- Made his film debut in 1995 as Luca in The Baby-Sitters Club.
- Has his own production company, Chabo Films.
- Speaks English, French and German.