Born September 12th, 1970 to former Kentucky congressman Larry Hopkins, Josh Hopkins' first onscreen acting job was in 1995's Parallel Sons when he was 25. He found steady work with roles in G.I. Jane and The Perfect Storm, but his real break came when he was cast on the show Ally McBeal in 2001. Hopkins' successful TV run continued as he was cast as a regular on Pepper Dennis, and in reoccurring roles on the shortlived Vanished and with his Ally McBeal cast mate Calista Flockhart on Brothers & Sisters. He was then cast as one of the lead roles in the 2007 series Swingtown. In 2009, Hopkins appeared as Dr. Noah Barnes in ABC's Private Practice, and took on a supporting role in ABC's Cougar Town the same year.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is the son of former Republican congressman Larry Hopkins, who ran unsuccessfully for governor of Kentucky in 1991.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1994 as an understudy in Picnic.
- Played a helicopter pilot in 2000's The Perfect Storm.
- In 2001, he joined Ally McBeal as attorney Raymond Millbury and made his singing debut on the show.
- Performed at Lollapalooza in 2007 after gaining exposure on Myspace with his comedic song "Feigning Interest."
- Plays the guitar and writes many of the songs his character performs on ABC's Cougar Town.
- Plays an ad executive in the 2010 film comedy Lebanon, PA, which debuted that year at the SXSW Film Festival.
- Hosts a video series on teen driving, Street Skills.