The son of actor George Hamilton, Ashley George Hamilton made a name for himself in his own right when he married actress Shannen Doherty in 1993. The union lasted only five months, but Hamilton would pop up in the media again, briefly starring in the series Sunset Beach and making the rounds in L.A. as a stand-up comedian. In 2009, he found a new venue for his talents when he joined the cast of the reality series Dancing with the Stars.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 1993.
- Met ex-wife Shannen Doherty only two weeks before they married in 1993.
- Performs stand-up at comedy clubs such as the Laugh Factory.
- Has written or cowritten songs for artists such as Hilary Duff and Robbie Williams.
- Appeared on Season 9 of Dancing With the Stars with partner Edyta Sliwinska, who was also paired with his father, actor George Hamilton, in Season 2.