- Attended Catholic school.
- Describes herself as a tomboy as a child.
- Enrolled in the International School of Mimodrame of Paris, Marcel Marceau, at age 26.
- Made her professional debut in Blinded by the Sun at London's National Theatre.
- Posed as a model in a DIY painting guide, and that work served as artist Jack Vettriano's muse for the lady in red in his painting "The Singing Butler."
- Got married in Africa in 2002, in a ceremony overlooking Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Rejected a diet company's offer to be their spokesperson because she doesn't like society's fascination with physical image.