Active - 1988 - Present |
Born - Aug 6, 1946 in Graz, Styria, Austria |
- Pursued architecture studies at the Technical University of Graz before shifting into acting.
- Also studied as a dental technician parallel to his architecture studies to appease his father's wish for him to become a medical professional, but later quit to focus solely on the theater arts.
- Member of the ensemble of the Berlin Schaubühne for two decades, beginning in 1979.
- Later joined the ensemble of the Burgtheater, the Austrian National Theater in Vienna, in 1999.
- For his vocal work on audio books, he was awarded the German Audio Book Award on two separate occasions, in 2008 and in 2010.
- Given a Lifetime Achievement award during the 28th Romy Awards in 2017 for his contribution to Austrian TV and film.