Actor and screenwriter Jack Coleman began his show business career playing Jake Kositchek on the daytime soap One Life to Live in the early '80s. He also replaced Al Corley in the role of Steve Carrington on the tawdry series Dynasty, which he stayed with until 1988. He then made a series of prominent guest appearances on shows like CSI and Without a Trace, before taking on the starring role of Noah Bennet on the smash hit Heroes.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is a direct, sixth-generation descendant of Benjamin Franklin.
- His maternal grandfather, Herbert Agar, won the Pulitzer Prize for History in 1934 for his book The People's Choice.
- While performing in a Long Island stage production of Grease, he got his first television break, starring as Jake Kositchek, the Salem Strangler, on Days of Our Lives.
- Received a Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award for his performance in 1986's Bouncers; also earned a nomination in 1990 for his work in Stand-up Tragedy.
- Best known for his turns as the second Steven Carrington on Dynasty and Noah Bennet (aka Horn-Rimmed Glasses) on Heroes.