Gen-Y television fans (and avid viewers of the old "TGIF" Friday-night prime-time lineup during the 1990s) will perhaps best remember actress Christine Lakin for her multi-season portrayal of tomboy Alicia "Al" Lambert, daughter of contractor Frank Lambert (Patrick Duffy) on the family-themed sitcom Step by Step (1991-1998). Born in Dallas, TX, in 1979 and raised in the vicinity of Atlanta, GA, Lakin caught her first taste of performing at age seven, when she joined the Atlanta Workshop Players theatrical troupe. Lakin quickly secured representation and did a plethora of television commercials before making her dramatic debut on-camera at age 11 in the made-for-television period adventure The Rose and the Jackal (1990) and landing the Alicia role on Step by Step. After the program wrapped in 1998, the actress attended UCLA as a communications major and sought out a myriad of parts in independent films, including Whatever It Takes (2000), Who's Your Daddy? (2003), and Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2004). In 2008, Lakin starred opposite Paris Hilton in The Hottie & the Nottie.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Started acting in local theatre productions in Atlanta when she was 6.
- Wrote, produced and starred in the 2012 webseries Lovin' Lakin.
- Played FBI agent Clarice Starling in a 2012 Los Angeles production of Silence! the Musical, a parody of the Oscar-winning thriller The Silence of the Lambs.
- Narrated a number of audio books and supplied her voice to a number of video games.
- Frequently cast in Garry Marshall films, including Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve and Mother's Day.