- Made his name as an actor on the classic Singapore drama series Masters of the Sea.
- Retired from acting in his mid-20s after doing two TV shows in Singapore.
- Eventually became Singapore's most successful actor overseas as he successfully crossed over and became a prominent figure in Hollywood.
- Has appeared in blockbusters such as The Dark Knight (2008), 2012 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).
- Also been dubbed to be one of Asia's 25 greatest actors of all time by CNN.
- Trained practioner of Tai Chi, Han also went through 5 months of kungfu training for his role on Marco Polo.